Collagen is polypeptide molecule or protein which is present in your body and helps in the promotion of new muscles building. It is the most abundant protein available in the body. Hydrolyzed collagen is the form of the small amino acids which is responsible for the formation of new collagens in your body. It is the type of collagen which is derived from cartilage and bovine bone. In order to remove the calcium from the bone, the bone is placed in the solution of the acid after crushing and grinding. Again it is soaked to break the collagen bond and then it is allowed to dehydrate. This results in the formation of amino acids which are helpful for the growth of the new collagens which promote the muscle building process in the body. It is consumed in the powdered form and it is widely used as the gelatin food products. The amount of consumption of the collagen should be equal to the amount of the protein required on the daily basis.
Benefits of collagen supplements
There are many benefits of the collagen supplements. Some of them are listed as follows;
- It is helpful in improving the quality of the skin. The conclusion from the research supports it for skin tightening, skin rejuvenating, improving elasticity of the skin and reduces the signs of aging
- It is helpful in relieving from the pain of arthritis. Arthritis can cause the immobility of the joints or painful mobility which can be treated with the help of the protein supplements like collagen. Collagen supplements help in formation of the natural protein inside the body which is helpful for inducing amino acids and strengthening joints and muscles.
- Collagen supplements are helpful for balancing the amino acid in the body which ultimately balances the production of hormones.
- It is also beneficial for the digestive health of the body.
Side effects of collagen supplements
The benefits of the collagen supplements have been mentioned in the above paragraphs. Now, here are some dark points of the collagen supplements:
- It increases the hypersensitivity reactions. Some of the collagen supplements cause food sensitivity also.
- It increases the level of calcium in the body and if the content of calcium is too much increased, it causes fatigue, constipation, bone pain, abnormal heart beat.
These days, best hydrolyzed collagen is easily available in the market in the form of capsules so that the consumers find it easy to take it.