There are some nutrients which is required for proper body functions are not synthesized on our own. When food sources are not sufficient, supplementation may help. Brain vitamins are supplements which help brain function normally. These are not called as drugs, but brain vitamins are essential for healthy living.
Role of nootropics
Individuals who desire to get stronger results which are not obtained by natural vitamins, nootropic supplements come to rescue. These compounds increases brain power but also provide neuroprotective properties by lowering side effects. Few nootropic supplements can boost memory and attention by enhancing brain signals. Nootropics work in many ways by protecting the function of your neurons, improving and protecting brain functions.
Literally there are innumerable brain supplements in which few suit individual’s brain health. Choosing the precise supplement provides better results. Here are list of effective and safe brain supplements:
- Docosahexaenoic acid– commonly known as DHA which is an omega3 essential fatty acids, not produced naturally so consumed through diet. DHA is major part of brain which is accountable for memory, attention, language and emotion. It also enhances communication of the brain cells. Person with low DHA is associated to depression, anger and some critical psychiatric disorders. DHA supplementation improves and cures memory loss, mood swings, attention disorder etc on regular intake. Since many people are deficient with omega 3 fatty acids, DHA supplementation could benefit if consumed on daily basis.
- Gingko Biloba– Gingko has been proven beneficial for treating stress, anxiety and depression. But, it provides better results when taken along with medication.
- Acetyl-l-Carnitine– known as ALC is an amino acid and powerful anti oxidant protects brain from free radical damage. ALC helps in improving mental alertness, mood, acquiring speed and has a powerful anti aging effect on brain and also acts as anti depressant with fast relief. It may also lessen brain damage from excess alcohol intake.
- Citicoline– this compound occurs naturally and is found in almost all cells of body. Citicoline helps increase the flow of blood to the brain and build brain cells, healthy in nature and which reduce inflammation and radical damage which are the main causes of the brain to age. It also increases the level of dopamine and acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is one of the chemical in brain which helps with learning and memory and dopamine provides productivity, motivation, and pleasure. Taking these supplements on daily basis helps person improve concentration, memory, attention and focus. Many doctors of different countries suggest citicoline to treat neurological disorders like memory loss due to age, dementia, brain injury, stroke, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. This supplement is available in the form of single ingredient or sometimes included in formulas of nootropic brain supplements. It is one of the best brain boosters so far.
- Curcumin– this active ingredient is found in turmeric, which is a type of spice almost every house hold use often for many uses. It is because of turmeric’s bright yellow color and benefits it possesses. So far, curcumin is known to be anti inflammatory, anti viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal and even anti cancer. It protects brain in many possible ways.